We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air condition hotel

Which Fussen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Air condition hotel

I know air conditioning is going to be difficult to find if at all. Anyways, my American mother is visiting and insists on air conditioning. Considering we are there the last week in July, heat could be a problem for her. Does anybody know of a hotel in Füssen with AC?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,709 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air condition hotel

>Considering we are there the last week in July, heat could be a problem for her.

Considering that Füssen is at 800 m above sea level, heat will not be a problem, at least not once the sun sets. The airconditioning system most often found in Füssen is called "window"

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air condition hotel

I appreciate the attitude. Considering last July it was 37 degrees, heat could be a problem for an older lady with medical issues. Next time you want to be a wise guy, learn the facts.

Buffalo
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Air condition hotel

Well put Hmoon....how dare you ask a legitimate question on a tripadvisor forum. Shame on you!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air condition hotel

I specifically mentioned in my question that I know how difficult it was to find AC in the area. I don't need uninformed knuckleheads popping wise cracks. There are several reviews from last July of people staying in Füssen hotels complaining about being hot. I live near the area so I am used to no AC and I know the weather. It could be 15 or it could be 35. Bottom line is my mother and her situation require me anticipating warm weather.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,091 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air condition hotel

I think altamiro has a valid point. Even when it's hot outside, the temperature still dips to cool in the evenings. I would think that being in a quiet neighborhood (so you can open the windows) will be more important than having ac.

s

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,174 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air condition hotel

Guys, I think the OP has more than clearly explained WHY he needs air conditioning.

This isn't a case of some bozo American coming over here and expecting every hotel to be a Marriott with huge rooms and air conditioning.

This is somebody whose elderly mother has health issues, lives in Bavaria and thus understands the weather (and I'm guessing doesn't have A/C in his own home!), but whose mother insists on having A/C.

I'm sorry, Hmoon, I don't have a hotel to recommend for you -- the last time I was in Fussen in the summer, I was rummaging through the armoire for blankets....but we all know about dealing with our mothers!

Freiburg im...
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Air condition hotel

HRS may be helpful to you:

http://www.hrs.de/web3/?client=en_US__NEXT

AC can be selected as "Room facilities" to the left of hotel list.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,401 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Air condition hotel

Contact the tourist information office in Füssen and ask for a recommendation. If anyone knows it's them.

Füssen Tourismus und Marketing

Kaiser-Maximilian-Platz 1

D-87629 Füssen

Phone: +49 (0) 83 62 - 93 85-0

Fax: +49 (0) 83 62 - 93 85-20

tourismus(at)fuessen.de

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air condition hotel

Thank you for those that actually helped. And yes I live in the area, and NO, I do NOT have air conditioning. I realize it cools quickly at night, and as I already said, there are many posts from last July where people complained about hot nights.

Boston
Level Contributor
923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Air condition hotel

Hmoon, have you had any luck finding a hotel with AC. We have spent a week in Fussen for the past several years in either July or August and I have not been able to find a hotel with ac. Yes, as you know it can be extremely hot during the day and although it cools down at night, it can still be uncomfortable. My first stop in Munich before heading to Fussen is Herties where I buy a fan and leave it behind when I leave.

Over the years I have read the London, Munich & Paris forums on the discussions of hotels with/without ac. I have been to those cities in July and August when it has been over 100 degrees (F) and would never consider staying there in a hotel without ac. Good luck.