We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nuremberg-dinkelsbuhl

Which Dinkelsbuhl hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
706 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
nuremberg-dinkelsbuhl

how does one get from nuremberg to dinkelsbuhl? is there bus service or train service? does anyone know? thanks p.s.the photos of dinkelsbul look like something out of a grimes fairy tale i must get to see this little town i hope it isn't over-rated?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,928 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: nuremberg-dinkelsbuhl

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/e

To: Dinkelsbuehl

train + bus

Dinkelsbühl is no more served by trains.

Dinkelsbühl is inside the local public transport network of the Greater Nuremberg Region, the VGN.

Single ticket is EUR 8,40.

Day ticket is EUR 13,80. This ticket is valid for up to 6 persons, but only 2 of them must be older than 18. If bought on a Saturday it's valid also on Sunday.

Level Contributor
706 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nuremberg-dinkelsbuhl

thank you - its a little bit complicated - i have to take both a train and a bus - i knew it wouldn't be easy.

Swindon
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: nuremberg-dinkelsbuhl

Taxi to Dinkelsbuhl from Nuremberg airport is around 150eur each way - cheaper to hire a car!

Dinkelsbuhl is a lovely little picturesque town but it is very small - you will have done the whole town in an hour or so. But plenty of nice guesthouses, restaurants etc......and very friendly people.

Level Contributor
706 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nuremberg-dinkelsbuhl

thank you for the very nice response - i will take the train and bus - even though its a one day side trip i might spend the night there.

Lompoc, California
Level Contributor
354 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nuremberg-dinkelsbuhl

It's really quite easy. As abalada said- Nuremberg area is covered by the VGN, the regional travel net. Go to www.vgn.de/komfortauskunft/auskunft/… and there is a good explanation of the system and prices. It is about a 1hr45min to 2 hour trip from downtown Nuremberg to Dinkelsbuhl by commuter train and bus. At the website, you can type in a landmark (or station) in Nuremberg near where you will b e staying, and the destination as Dinkelsbuhl bahnhof and it will give you a number of possible connections. Also, ticket prices are listed. If you get a day ticket, it is good on any of the commuter trains and buses on the VGN.

Dinkelsbuhl is attractive, but as others said, it is small. A morning spent walking around, lunch and then a trip back is probably adequate. It is nowhere near as big as,say, Rothenburg, but it is quite charming and attractive.

6. Re: nuremberg-dinkelsbuhl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 09, 2009