We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between Auzburg and Munich airport

Which Augsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary AB Canada
Level Contributor
370 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Distance between Auzburg and Munich airport

Help please - can someone let me know how far it is from Auzburg to the Munich airport and if there is transportation available?

Alternatively is there a closer town or village where we could stay.

Thank you.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance between Auzburg and Munich airport

You mean Augsburg?

1/2 h to Munich main station by very frequent trains, then suburban train (S1 or S8) to the airport.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance between Auzburg and Munich airport

The last two years, we stayed in Freising for our last night before flying out. We really liked the small Bavarian town. It has both the Dom where the current Pope was ordained and the oldest brewery in the world. The Domberg has both a beautiful chapel and a good diocesan museum.

http://www.freising.de/

It is 17 minutes by a dedicated shuttle bus from the Freising train station to the airport. I think the cost is about 2 euros per person.

We also like the Hotel zur Gred which is downtown 10 minutes from the train station:

http://www.hotelzurgred.de/

Regards, Gary

Calgary AB Canada
Level Contributor
370 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance between Auzburg and Munich airport

Gary - thanks so much - I checked out the website and have sent an email to see if they have rooms available. We would like to attend Oktoberfest but also wanted to be close to airport.

Thanks again!

Darlene

Calgary AB Canada
Level Contributor
370 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance between Auzburg and Munich airport

Gary - hotel doesn't have any vacancies - do you have any other suggestions for Freising?

Tks

Darlene

Singapore
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance between Auzburg and Munich airport

Personally I've been hunting up down left right and everywhere for a room near Munich! Didn't realise I'll be flying in when there's Oktoberfest :(

The only one I've found so far is the HI hostel in Augsburg.. Although my budget is <30 euros. There are rooms available in Munich itself, but the price ranges from 55 euros upwards.

Btw, I've read that Lufthansa provides shuttle buses from Munich airport to Augsburg that's about an hour long. Haven't checked frequency and such though, because I wanted to pop by Munich before heading to Augsburg. (Arriving Munich Airport 7.30pm - train to Munich by 8.30pm - wandering about for an hour, leaving at 9.30pm - arrive at Augsburg at 10.30pm. Approximate timings. Taking a regional express from the Munich Hbf to the Augsburg Hbf.)

6. Re: Distance between Auzburg and Munich airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Augsburg
Recent Conversations