We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regensburg Christmas Market

n.j.
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Regensburg Christmas Market

We will be in Munich the 2nd week of Dec. and want to take the train to Regensburg to see their markets. I am wondering how close the markets are to the train station? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old Town
Historic Walking Areas
Golf Museum
Specialty Museums
Alte Kapelle
Sacred & Religious Sites
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,579 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Regensburg Christmas Market

Regensburg Christmas Markets

regensburg.de/tourismus/…17299

leaflet (in German) - see map on page 10

regensburg.de/sixcms/…RTG_WZ_11_de.pdf

The markets are at the locations a) to d). The Hauptbahnhof (main train station) is just outside the old city. At the very bottom of the shown map you see the railway line and the logo HBF.

The recommended ticket for this trip is a Bayern Ticket. EUR 29 for 2-5 persons travelling together. Covers all regional trains in Bavaria. And also all other local public transport in Munich and Regensburg. With this ticket you could thus also use the city buses in Regensburg. Map

rvv.de/Liniennetzplan-Regensburg-160-MB.d133…

n.j.
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regensburg Christmas Market

Thank you for such a quick reply. The German Christmas markets have been one of the things I have wanted to do for such a long time and now that I am doing it I want to be as organized as possible. Thanks again.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regensburg Christmas Market

The largest and most unique market was that at the Thurn und Taxis Palace. As you exit the train station, you will be facing a park. Walk two short blocks through the park and turn left. The entrance to the Romantic Christmas Market will be a few blocks on your left. Our pictures from last December:

…smugmug.com/Advent-2010/…1122676015_aVHKv

The town itself has market stalls in various locations. Regensburg is fun to explore and easily doable on foot unless it is slippery as it was for our most recent visit. Pictures again:

…smugmug.com/Advent-2010/…1122638871_LFatu

It was one of our favorite stops, weather or not. Hope that you enjoy yourself as much as we did.

Regards, Gary

n.j.
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regensburg Christmas Market

Thanks for the info. Your pictures are great

DFW, TEXAS
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Regensburg Christmas Market

We will be in Germany when the Christmas Markets begin and staying in Rothenburg. Is it an easy drive to Regensburg from Rothenburg, I don't think I want to take the train.

Tried to view the pics from abalada and nothing came up.

Bayerisch Eisenstein
Level Contributor
497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Regensburg Christmas Market

It's a couple of hours drive via the A43 (direction Ulm), A6 (past Nuremburg) and A3 (direction Regensburg)autobahns. It's a straight forward drive, although traffic can be very busy around Nuremburg and if it's snowing speeds are obviously slower.

By train you can do the journey in 2 & a half to 3 and a half hours, with 2 to 3 changes of train, depending on route and time of departure. bahn.de .

7. Re: Regensburg Christmas Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, October 25, 2012