We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Organ in St. Stephan's Cathedral. Passau. When does it play

Atlanta
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Organ in St. Stephan's Cathedral. Passau. When does it play

We are going to be in Passau Sunday April 28th about 2 pm but could arrive earlier. We really do want to hear the organ play...can anyone tell me if there is a time late afternoon or evening this will happen. Thank you.

Bayerisch Eisenstein
Level Contributor
400 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Organ in St. Stephan's Cathedral. Passau. When does it play

Organ concerts take place at 12.30pm weekdays and Thursday evenings at 7.30pm from beginning of May to end of October only. Admission to recital is 4€ per person. So I think you will miss out if you are in Passau on the 28th April.

There are 3 church services on Sunday mornings: 7.30am; 9.30am and 11.30am and I should imagine the organ is played at some point during those services. According to bistum-passau.de/dom-st-stephan/dommusik/got… the organ will be played at the 9.30am service on Sunday 28th, while there will be a horn group playing at the 11.30am service. So it looks as though your best bet would be the 9.30am Sunday mass, if you want to hear the organ.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Organ in St. Stephan's Cathedral. Passau. When does it play

Thank you so much....We will miss it....so sad....should have planned on being there. I will keep this for the future......Jean

3. Re: Organ in St. Stephan's Cathedral. Passau. When does it play

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 16, 2014