We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel should I stay at?

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Topic
Which hotel should I stay at?

Hello,

Right now I have 2 hotel reservations (both free cancellation)

Both are for 3 nights in May

1st choice : Art and Business hotel (easy access to train station for day trips)

2nd choice: Sorat Hotel Saxx (more in the city center and 100 bucks cheaper)

Keep in mind we have a very early flight 6:30am the day we leave from Nuremburg via Vienna to Milan.

How much is a taxi from the city center to the airport and are they available at 4am?

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel should I stay at?

If you're in Nuremberg for 3 nights, how many day trips would you be doing?

The location of the art&business is... OK. But just OK. The area immediately around Hbf is a bit soulless and you should take into account having a 24-hour railway network just behind.

Hauptmarkt, the location of the Saxx, is a really pleasant square right in the heart of the old town; everything will be on your doorstep. I'd choose this one, for location and price.

Taxis are plentiful, the hotel will call one for you. The airport is only a few km from the city centre and as you're on an intra-Schengen flight, you'd be OK arriving at the airport at 5.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,781 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel should I stay at?

The only hotel that I have used there was the Holiday Inn which was very good. As said Nuremberg is a smallish airport and on a Schengen zone flight you only have to drop your bags and go through security.

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel should I stay at?

Thanks everyone. I was "walking" around on google maps and the Sorat hotel is now my first choice because of location. We were planning on 1 full day in nuremberg. A half day trip to Bamberg and then another half day trip to Rothenburg, with the left over time in Nuremberg. We are very fast travelers, I'm in and out move it along type of person. We have done plenty of trips like this so timing in one city is not an issue. We are not museum people so that doesn't take up time. Before Nuremburg we will be in Munich for 3 nights as well and before that in Italy for 3 nights with one more night in Milan before we leave back for NY.

Thanks again for the input

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel should I stay at?

I will be in Nuremburg the end of April for 2 nights. I would like to stay by the hbf and take the :15 walk to old town and other sights. can you recommend a hotel near hbf? please correct me if old town/other sights are not near hbf.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel should I stay at?

sorry. I posted my question incorrectly.

6. Re: Which hotel should I stay at?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 09, 2015