We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to nuremberg from munich

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to nuremberg from munich

Hello! I will be visiting Munich in April for around 3 to 4 days. I am planning to go a day trip to nuremberg from munich, is it worth going there?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,881 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to nuremberg from munich

IMO yes, Nuremberg is worth a visit. The Old Town (a lot of which was reconstructed in the 60s) is compact and there are some lovely old buildings, plus of course the old market square and the castle. You can get there in an hour on a fast train. HOWEVER, there is more than enough to occupy 4 days in Munich, so plan carefully.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to nuremberg from munich

Thank you darren! any advice for munich planning?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,881 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to nuremberg from munich

Unfortunately not really; it's a few years since I was there and I only had 2 and a bit days. The Englischer Garten and Pinakothek would be my must-do activities though.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
343 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to nuremberg from munich

Nuremberg is awesome! You can visit the castle, old town and the farmers' market and a day trip is enough.

Read my blog here - …blogspot.sg/2014/…24-hours-in-nuremberg.html

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to nuremberg from munich

Thanks Iva!!!!

6. Re: Day trip to nuremberg from munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 30, 2015