We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WW2 sites in one day

Missouri
Level Contributor
214 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
WW2 sites in one day

I will be in Nuremberg for one day in July, staying the night before near the train station/castle area. I will be leaving for Prague around 5:30 pm. I would like to see the Nuremberg trial courthouse (its a Saturday) and the Parade Grounds/Museum. Also the castle if time permits. What is the best way to work this out?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: WW2 sites in one day

transport in Nuremberg: www.vgn.de

network: http://www.vgn.de/media/stadtverkehr_nue.pdf

subway line 1 goes to Bärenschanze for the trial courthouse

tram #6 and #9 go to Document center at rally ground. Change between Subway and Tram: station Plärrer for change between 1 and 6; And station Hauptbahnhof (main station) for change between 1 and 9. Castle can be reached by tram 6 from stop Hallertor--> walk through old town along inside of town wall.

Or just subway line 1 to "Lorenzkirche". This is in central town and starting there you would pass the main cathedral, the market square and the town hall on your way to the castle.

castle

kaiserburg-nuernberg.de/englisch/…admiss.htm

open 9-6

Trial courthouse

nuernberg.de/internet/…ctz_7602.html

memorium-nuremberg.de/exhibition/visitor-inf…

open 10-6

Rally Ground:

…nuremberg.de/documentation-centre/index.html

open 10-6

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,734 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WW2 sites in one day

We spent about 4 hours covering the Documentation Centre and Parade Grounds .. the 36 bus was great. vag.de/Sightseeing-Line-36/id20/Experience-N…

We had spent much of the mornning exploring the Kaiserberg and unfortunately didn't have enough time in our short stay to visit the court houre or the art bunker. It's a shame you have not allocated more time (I wish we had)

3. Re: WW2 sites in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, March 12, 2015