We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nuremberg in winter

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Nuremberg in winter

We will be in Nuremberg from December 10th to December 16th. We will be going to the Christmas Markets but can anybody advise me of other must do experiences in the city that we should have please. Are there any day trips by train that would be good to do? Thank you for your help. :)

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
217 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Nuremberg in winter

We spent a great day taking a walk around the old town of Nuremberg last January, beautiful historic buildings and such an interesting place to walk around. I actually enjoyed the shopping in the old town as well, lots of shops to visit.

We enjoyed our visit to the Documentation Centre and a walk around the lake to the old Nazi party rally grounds, so much history to take in.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,152 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Nuremberg in winter

Bamberg is definitely worth a visit. And I am one of those people who loves the Rauchbier. I've mentioned this on other threads before, but I like it so much that after trying it in Nuremburg one trip, I vowed that Bamberg would be on the itinerary for my next trip :-) I'd get on a plane right now and go if I could. We can get Aecht Schlenkerla in bottles here, but it just is not the same as having it straight out of the cask.

I agree with the need to have 3 beers though - and enjoy every drop from start to finish.

13. Re: Nuremberg in winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 25, 2014