We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas market trip

Which Nuremberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas market trip

My husband & I are planning a trip to visit the Christmas markets in Nurenberg & Munich in early December. We are looking for suggestions for 1 additional location in Bavaria to stay a night or two. We'd like to stay in a smaller city/ town with some charm & it does not need to have a Christmas market. Our preference is to travel between the 3 locations by train, but we would consider renting a car or using a car service for a portion of the trip. Just as a point of info, we plan to spend a week in Germany, followed by a week in Austria--- Salzburg, Vienna, plus an add'l stop in a smaller location. If people have suggestions on the add'l stop in Austria-- we welcome those as well. Danke schoen !

Freising, Germany
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas market trip

If you go from Munich to Vienna you could visit Passau and/or Linz (Austria) on the way and stay there as add´l stop.

Another good option from Munich is a detour to Mittenwald or Garmisch.

Or, if you first go to Salzburg after Munich, you could stop at Berchtesgaden.

greeley, CO
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas market trip

Rothenburg o.d.T.

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
331 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas market trip

I'd highly recommend Landshut as its very easy to get to from Munich and is one of the prettiest towns in Europe in my view

4. Re: Christmas market trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 31, 2014