We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nuremberg to Krakow

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
154 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Nuremberg to Krakow

Hello,

I will be in Germany in early January and would like to know if there is an efficient way to get to Krakow from Nuremberg that would take us east through Prague instead of north through Berlin and Warsaw, or at best Dresden (that would take from 7:30am to 10:30pm). We will have rail passes for Germany, but most likely not for Poland and the CR because I know it is more affordable to buy tickets there and we are only making a trip in and out to see Auschwitz. Flying by any combination of airports is not cost effective for us but I believe buses might be useful. What would be the best way to find a bus or train that would save us time (versus a whole day of travel), or even allow us to enjoy Prague for an afternoon. Any answers are appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Krakow
Krakow
Lesser Poland Province, Poland
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Warsaw
Warsaw
Mazovia Province, Poland
Poland
Poland
Europe
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nuremberg to Krakow

Did you ever make the trip from Nuremberg to Krakow? I am also planning a trip to Germany and we want to take that "side" trip into Poland to see Auschwitz. Can't seem to find any info on trains running directly into Krakow.

Would like to know how your trip went, if you made it to Krakow and any other words of wisdom for travel in Germany. We are planning to go in June 2013...cities on our list include: Munich, Nuremberg, Berlin, Frankfurt.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Krakow
Krakow
Germany
Germany
Europe
Poland
Poland
Europe
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Oakhill
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nuremberg to Krakow

there is an excellent coach service between the two cities which I used in January last year and will be using again this coming weekend.

singapore
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nuremberg to Krakow

is the coach service by euroline and how was your journey? was trying to find reviews of the overnight coach online but the results are few...

appreciate any reply and thanks in advance!

Edited: 1:20 pm, October 28, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,325 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nuremberg to Krakow

There are several buses operated by German railways (DB) that run throughout the day from Nuremburg to Prague - from €19 www.bahn.com - it is only a relatively short journey, so nothing overnight.

Then from Prague to Krakow it costs from €40 by overnight sleeper train www.cd.cz/eshop

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Krakow
Krakow
5. Re: Nuremberg to Krakow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nuremberg