We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas in nuremburg

Which Nuremberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Valletta, Malta
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
christmas in nuremburg

hey all,

any good restaurants/hotels around nuremburg for christmas day lunch (25th)??? we are thinking about le meridien... what are your views??

We would also like to go to a catholic midnight mass on christmas eve? where do you suggest?? are there any masses in english please because i have tried to search about this but i can't seem to find any.....

Thanks

Have a good festive season

xxx

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas in nuremburg

At St. Klara there is a mass at 22:00 at Christmas Eve.

st-klara-nuernberg.de/index.php…

For the other parishes the times for December seem to be not yet published.

Masses in English are held at St. Kunigund on Sundays at 13:30.

http://www.sankt-kunigund.de/

-> Gottesdienste

Dubai, United Arab...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas in nuremburg

Hi, did you find anywhere for lunch? My wife and I will be in Nuremberg on Christmas Day too and we're also looking for a nice place.

Regards,

Trent

Valletta, Malta
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: christmas in nuremburg

le meridien hotel

www.lemeridiennuernberg.com/en/christmas

and sheraton hotel had good menus... we managed to book in one of them but the last i've heard they are both fully booked...

nothing wrong in double checking though!!

lets both enjoy our stay... best wishes :)

Dubai, United Arab...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: christmas in nuremburg

Thanks for your reply, will check it out.

Can I ask, are you from Malta? My wife has Maltese heritage and she is going to visit in March with her sister.

Valletta, Malta
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: christmas in nuremburg

yes i'm from Malta :) thats really great :) where are her relatives from??? should you need any tips about her stay... don't hesitate to contact me :) no better tips than a true native :)

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: christmas in nuremburg

Two possibilities are Minneci Leonardo and Romantik Hotel Gasthaus Rottner. It seems odd to suggest Italian, but some of the best food in Germany is Italian. I don't know their holiday schedules, but it will be on the internet.

Dubai, United Arab...
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: christmas in nuremburg

Thanks Rob

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
117 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: christmas in nuremburg

Dear friends,

I am travelling to Nuremberg with my wife and 1,5 year old son and we will be staying at Gasthof-Pension ZUM SCHWÄNLEIN which is right next to the train station. I would like to know if the Christmas Market is far from there, if it is in walking distance, as we would like to admire the old city and also if you could recommend a restaurant with local dishes, where locals go and with fair prices. We will only be there for half a day (from 12:00 till 7 next day), so what should we see in that short time. Thank you for your answers!

9. Re: christmas in nuremburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 18, 2013