We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Nuremberg

Which Nuremberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
2 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants in Nuremberg

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant in Nuremberg. We will be there in a couple of weeks and need to entertain business clients, so need something above average, cost not a consideration - excellent food, service and ambiance is key.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Nuremberg

Service and ambiance in Nuremberg-, you might know-, are highly influenced and partly created by the ambience of the city, itself.

What I want to say is: "above average" in quality, might be a tiny place with only a few tables, where you cannot order, because there is 1 dish per evening. This is the extreme, but also the oldest Restaurant in the whole town. One of the most expensive, certainly.

Or-, we have a so-called "French" Restaurant. The prices are moderate, though deemed too expensive by the local population. Quality and service are not to be discussed, as long as there is a french flag on the outside.

You can have your "Veuve" and "Canapees" served there and nobody will question your good will.

My advice is this: try to find a restaurant, were you eat good. <--- that's a point.

Ask the people you meet there.

Bad Windsheim...
Level Contributor
256 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Nuremberg

Hi to San Diego,

I recommend

Schindlerhof

www.schindlerhof.de

for good, above average fare in a nice sourrounding. If you are lucky and it is warm enough you can have a table in the yard. The style is German-International.

Another nice place is "Kontiki" www.kontiki-nuernberg.de

South Pacific Style in the middle of old-town.

Steak, Seafood, Cocktails.

Very modern and very very good is

"Wonka", Johannisstrasse 38, phone 0911 396215.

The place is small and very intimate and they have excellent wines.

Hope this helps!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Nuremberg

Hey Mbaka- saw your post above and just wanted to let you know that everyone on the Las Vegas Forum is still hoping to hear how your stay at the Gold Spike in Vegas went- you promised a trip report and never posted one. It's been a long time ,I know but tell us anything you can about the hotel! Please?

Thanks!

Perth
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Nuremberg

I can't recommend a good restaurant, but I can recommend a great place to eat, with great food and friendly service - Cafe Luftsprung, down by the river http://www.cafeluftsprung.de

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Nuremberg

I have to partly alter my statement above, concerning French restaurants in Nuremberg.

The flag has moved. It is no longer displayed above the "Prison St. Michel", where it was misplaced anyway, but appears to have found a new home at the "Crèperie du chateau", Untere Schmiedgasse 5, even closer to the castle.

This is "just" a Crèperie, but it is genuine French cuisine and a comfortable place; unfortunately, too well established for a spontaneous visit. You need to get a reservation for the week-ends.

I discovered, by the way, a Thai restaurant with the most Thai meals, that you can imagine. It is close to the "Neutor" in the Ratsbrunnengasse (and, thus, also not far away from the so called "Prison St. Michel", see above). Maybe commence with the medium-spiced dishes (1 peperoni on the menu). I will remember the other one (2 peperoni) for the rest of my life. The very considerate staff will give you the same advice. Take it.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Nuremberg

Something has changed anew with the restaurant Prison St. Michel. My impression after our visit yesterday evening is, that ambience and quality of the meals have very much improved, since the last time. Looks french, too, while the prices are still moderate. By consequence I have to recommend the Prison St. Michel, once more... a puzzling place. If it does not meet your demands, come again half a year later. If it werent just around the corner, I would have avoided this restaurant, but then had missed a very nice evening.

7. Re: Restaurants in Nuremberg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Nuremberg