We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time traveling to Germany

New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
first time traveling to Germany

I'm leaving for Germany in 3 weeks, I'm actually taking the Queen Mary 11, from NY to Hamburg, If anyone has made this trip, tell me how the trains are from Hamburg to Nurenberg, this is my final destination.

Looking forward to the trip, although all the talk about how bad the trains are, is something I'm not looking forward to. I guess I will make sure my luggage is not too heavy

Thank you Lois

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Hamburg
Hamburg
Germany
Boston
Level Contributor
220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time traveling to Germany

Hamburg to Nuremberg takes about 4.5 hours with the train. You might have to change trains once or if you are lucky not at all. A second option would be to fly from Hamburg to Nürnberg for abour 80 Euros.

You could take a taxi from the St. Pauli Landungsbrücken at the harbor to the airport and be in Nürnberg in an hours flying time.

Mentioned in this post
Hamburg
Hamburg
Germany
Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,947 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time traveling to Germany

German trains are stunningly good, on time and clean.

If your journey should be on an ICE, it could be worth looking to see if you can get a special offer on a first class tkt. I came to Hamburg on Monday from Heidelberg, and as it's the last leg of my long stay here, I treated myself. €100 special offer instead of usual €166. Worth every cent for legroom and comfort.

Enjoy your trip. Do you get to see any of Hamburg? It's worth a look.

Mentioned in this post
Hamburg
Hamburg
Germany
3. Re: first time traveling to Germany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 am, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Nuremberg