We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

??? Toy Musuem Gift Shop

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
586 posts
84 reviews
??? Toy Musuem Gift Shop

Is there a gift shop at the Toy Musuem to purchase metal toys, etc? If not, any recommendations close to the Old Town area to purchase tin toys would be appreciated. My friends will be there in November (river cruise) before the Christmas market and are hoping to pick up something for their grand kids.

thanks, Vini

3 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,916 posts
1. Re: ??? Toy Musuem Gift Shop

I googled "Nuremberg toy museum gift shop" and it took me to the museum's website.

It reads....

"The museum shop in the entrance area to the Toy Museum.

Our Museum Shop sells not only postcards, posters and museum publications on the history of toys, but an attractive variety of small souvenirs, as well as replicas of historical toys and games. Among the top sellers are items produced exclusively for the Toy Museum. These include not only special editions of model cars, but most notably, very limited-edition collectible teddy bears, made in the traditional way with the finest mohair plush and stuffed with wood shavings."

I recall in the "Handwerkerhof" near the Nuremberg main rail station there is a toy shop.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
2. Re: ??? Toy Musuem Gift Shop

There is a tin toy shop in Handwerkerhof.

The website is in German but the photos will give you an idea: https:/…blechspielzeug.html

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
586 posts
84 reviews
3. Re: ??? Toy Musuem Gift Shop

much,appreciated

Reply to: ??? Toy Musuem Gift Shop
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nuremberg