We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help us plan our trip

UK
11 posts
Save Topic
Help us plan our trip

i and my husband wish to celebrate our anniversary on 26th of december... we have planned for germany, please suggest some good cities or places we must visit. i have read a lot about christmas markets, we have only 5 days.. please help us plan our trip... many thanks

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help us plan our trip

a) there are plenty of Christmas Markets

germany-tourism.de/ENG/culture_and_events/ch…

b) they close latest at early afternoon 24th December

With just 5 days you have to concentrate on one region: e.g. Munich + Bavarian Alps would be an idea. Or Dresden and the ore mountains.

UK
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help us plan our trip

Thanks abalada.. i am planning the trip. will consider wht u say.

we want to go to cologne and black forest.. would you know how is black forset in winter..can we go around..how much does it snow in winter?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,788 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help us plan our trip

Cologne and the Black Forest are nowhere near each other. The higher parts of the Black Forest should have snow, possibly even the lower parts. The Black Forest is accessable by several nearby airports: Basel, Switzerland, Baden-Baden, Stuttgart, Strasbourg, France and Friedrichshafen. Ryanair uses both Baden-Baden and Friederichshafen, GermanWings (www.germanwings.com) uses Stuttgart for low cost carriers. I'm not sure who uses Basel, but Stuttgart, Strasbourg and Basel should also have a lot of the more traditional airlines.

Besides the mountains, both Freiburg and Baden-Baden would be nice to visit among larger places, and I'm sure that you can find many enjoyable smaller places. Many places are easily accessable by both car and train.

It's unfortunate as previously stated that most Christmas Markets will close on 23Dec, and some places such as some restaurants may close over the holiday period.

I think that a stay in a more remote farmhouse or lodge with the snow around would be romantic. Unfortunately, I can't recommend any, Maybe look at:

www.dasfereinland.de

www.feldberg-schwarzwald.de

www.freiburg.de

www.schwarzwald-tourismus.info

www.todtmoos.de

www.todtnauer-fereinland.de

www.urlaub-bauernhof.de

4. Re: Help us plan our trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 26, 2009