We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Allianz Arena tour online

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
425 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Allianz Arena tour online

We'd like to do a tour of Allianz Arena when we are in Munich. I am confused about ordering tickets online. When I go to the online ticketshop site (fcb-erlebniswelt.de/en/…index.php) the calendar doesn't show any available dates for tickets. I can switch to "voucher" and add to the shopping cart but then it doesn't specify a date. Is the voucher what I want to buy? I did notice that the link from the Allianz Arena website links you directly to adding a voucher to your cart so that does make me think that's what I'm supposed to do. I didn't want to purchase vouchers and then find out the date I need is sold out. Has anyone done this before?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,905 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Allianz Arena tour online

When I open this link I see plenty of "green" days in September and some less in October (as the exact dates/times for the Bundesliga matches are not yet fixed - these days are in pink: not bookable).

After clicking on a "green" day and selecting the number of ticket and proceeding with the button "Arena Tour ticket" I get an overview page listing the tours in German and English on this day and showing the number of tickets available for each tour. It a tour is already booked out it will be in grey instead of red.

Works for me with the most actual versions of Firefox and Chrome. If the page behaves strange close your web browser (all windows) and start anew.

Edited: 6:45 pm, August 29, 2014
Maryland
Level Contributor
425 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Allianz Arena tour online

Thanks, I have tried on 3 different computers and tried Firefox, Chrome, and IE. I also tried going to the page in German instead of the English translated page. The only tickets I can buy are for tomorrow. I guess it just doesn't like me.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Allianz Arena tour online

It seems to me like this error occurs when you visit the site repeatedly withouth logging in. There is a similar issue with the club's ticketshop. Just click the "Home page" button at the bottom and the calendar will appear again so you can proceed as described by abalada.

Maryland
Level Contributor
425 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Allianz Arena tour online

It still won't work for me. I have an account and have tried both logged in and not. I tried on my phone as well. The calendar is always gray. I have sent an email but I also just saw that they have a phone number you can call to book tickets as well. If I can't get it to work online I can try calling on Monday.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
288 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Allianz Arena tour online

Doesn't work for me either. I tried every browser on Mac and Windows to no avail. I tried the home page trick, too. Not the first time that FCB's site has failed like this :/

Maryland
Level Contributor
425 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Allianz Arena tour online

I tried calling the number they have for the ticket office but unfortunately there was a language barrier since I don't speak German and he didn't seem to speak English so I couldn't book the tour that way. I might try booking online again once we are at our hotel in Germany but if that fails I guess we will just have to hope the tours don't sell out on the day we go.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
288 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Allianz Arena tour online

Now that I'm in Germany the calendar works fine (Safari browser for Mac). You may be able to find a proxy that will let you access Bayern's website as if you were located in Germany. You could also just wait until you arrive: there were still plenty of openings for this week and the match on Saturday (right now it's Tuesday night).

Sydney NSW
Level Contributor
996 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Allianz Arena tour online

I remember I couldn't book them in Australia or Italy and had to wait until i was in Germany.

Maryland
Level Contributor
425 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Allianz Arena tour online

I actually did our tour on Monday. It was very strange, even on our hotel's wifi (in germany) we had trouble with the booking. I was going to ask someone at our hotel if they could call for me but decided to check one last time in the morning (about 7am) and was able to book for that afternoon. I feel like I was able to get tickets only on the day of the tour but before the ticket office opened. That was the same thing I was seeing when trying from the US. I had also sent an email through the booking site and it took them a few days to get back to me but the person that responded said they could just book the tickets for me through email since the site wasn't working. We had already gone by then but if anyone else has problems with the booking I would just try emailing them.

Taipei, Taiwan
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Allianz Arena tour online

I've met same problem on different PC/ipod with different browsers. However I figure it out now. I adjust the time zone in PC to German time and reopen the page, the dates are in green and red finally!