We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which S-Bahn ticket do I buy for my partner and myself?

Tauranga, New...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which S-Bahn ticket do I buy for my partner and myself?

We fly into Munich on the 26 June and depart on the 28 June (3days). We will take the S8 from the airport to Marienplatz and return the same way. Also how much would a 3day ticket cost us..

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,872 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which S-Bahn ticket do I buy for my partner and myself?

A 3 days ticket exists only for the MVV inner district = the city of Munich = the white zone. This does however not cover the airport which is in the most outer (the red) MVV zone. But to use the 3 days ticket is still the cheapest option as long you stay on the 27 June in Munich (i.e. no day trip to Dachau or Neuschwanstein Castle or ...)

You could buy at the airport

mvv-muenchen.de/en/…index.html

a) the 3 days partner ticket for the inner district EUR 25,90

b) a partner day ticket for the outer district EUR 11,20

c) a second partner day ticket for the outer district EUR 11,20

Before traveling from the airport you validate (stamp) the tickets a) and b).

Before returning to the airport on the 28. June you validate ticket c).

2. Re: Which S-Bahn ticket do I buy for my partner and myself?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 09, 2015