We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer Gardens in March?

London
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Beer Gardens in March?

OK it looks like it might be a nice sunny weekend in Munich, but is it too early in the year for any beer gardens to be open? If so, which ones? Cheers!

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
3,517 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer Gardens in March?

chinese tower will be open and I am fairly sure I saw the seehaus also opened.

Victualienmarkt will also be open, but its not a beergarden in the traditional sense

Columbia, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer Gardens in March?

I saw a post from the Hofbräuhaus this morning that says their biergarten is open today. it read:

"Frühmorgendliche Impression aus unserem sonnigen Innenhof mit Wirtsgarten. Hereinspaziert!"

And had a picture of the fountain in their biergarten.

PROST!!

Columbia, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer Gardens in March?

Oh sorry, the post from the Hofbräuhaus was on FaceBook.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
3,517 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer Gardens in March?

the hofbrauhaus is not a proper beer garden (under the law of Bavaria) as it does not allow you to bring your own food. Its also doesnt tick the box for being leafy/ shady and close to nature.

Anyhow, now that you remind me, the Hofbraukeller beergarden was open last weekend and its one of the city's nicest beergardens

Mentioned in this post
Bavaria
Bavaria
Germany
London
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer Gardens in March?

Great suggestions, beautiful weather this weekend, and we did indeed have a beer by the fountain in the Hofbrauhaus, and a pleasant trip Sunday lunchtime to the Hofbraukeller am Wiener Platz. Thoroughly recommend a trip here.

Columbia, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer Gardens in March?

Glad you had a good time Blue!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
34,045 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer Gardens in March?

@ EalingBlue,

That Hofbraukeller place looks amazing, will have to try that next time.

Pine Island...
Level Contributor
94 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beer Gardens in March?

Last weekend the Hirschgarden was also open. All of the outdoor beer gardens were open that we visited, but very full and hard to find a seat!

9. Re: Beer Gardens in March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 03, 2015