We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping mall/centre opening on April 18

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
400 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
shopping mall/centre opening on April 18

I will be in Munich during the Easter holiday, wondering if shops are open during Good Friday and Easter Monday?

I have tried to check mall's website but I can't seem to find the "English" icon, thanks for any help

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
8,777 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping mall/centre opening on April 18

Only shops in the airport and the central train station (Hauptbahnhof) will be open on those holidays, maybe on Easter Monday also some smaller souvenir shops and kiosks in the city. All other shops, malls and department stores will be closed.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,144 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping mall/centre opening on April 18

As Oli said. And before you start wondering, yes this applies to everywhere else in the country, too.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
4,267 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping mall/centre opening on April 18

No, everything will be closed. Shops will be open on Saturday, but on that day, they will be very crowded.

So visit some museums on Good Friday and Easter Monday. ... The only exception are shops at the airport, but then, shops there aren't that good, it's expensive to go to airport and it also takes about 45 minutes.

If you want to go shopping, you could buy a Bayernticket and go to Salzburg. Shops are open on Good Friday there, and besides, Salzburg is worth a visit anyway.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
400 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping mall/centre opening on April 18

Thanks Petra, that was a very good suggestion. :) Will just do that I could see Salzburg too

Thanks everybody...

5. Re: shopping mall/centre opening on April 18

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 28, 2015