We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

no need to validate bayern ticket print at home

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
no need to validate bayern ticket print at home

I will travel to Munich next month. I've bought bayern ticket online and printed out at home. It's a PDF file and print out in A4 paper. It show my name, travel date bar code etc. With this ticket sheet I'm not neccessary to validate ticket. Do I think right?.Thanks for the answer.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,707 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: no need to validate bayern ticket print at home

As soon as there is a date or time of validity printed on a ticket there is no need to validate anything.

Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: no need to validate bayern ticket print at home

just double check on the ticket sometimes they want that you present the credit card you bought the ticket with.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,394 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: no need to validate bayern ticket print at home

>sometimes they want that you present the credit card you bought the ticket with

Not sometimes but always. Take the very same card that you have registered as your ID during the booking process - usually the credit card you paid the ticket with.

The online ticket has the date and your name on it, so it is validated and there is no need to do anything more.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,312 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: no need to validate bayern ticket print at home

I don't really understand the need to purchase such a ticket a month beforehand. You don't save any money, and it's probably difficult or impossible to get a refund if you're not going to be able to use the ticket. On the day of travel or the day before, just use a ticket machine and get this ticket. They can't sell out. If you want to deal with a real person at the train station or at a travel agent displaying a DB sticker, it will cost a few euros more.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: no need to validate bayern ticket print at home

thanks so much for every answer. The reason why to buy online ticket cause it's my convenient and I have exactly date to travel.

6. Re: no need to validate bayern ticket print at home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, March 14, 2015