We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munich or Strasbourg single female.

Texas
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Munich or Strasbourg single female.

I am going to Frankfurt to attend a Convention in July. Before I head home to Houston, I would like to take a train to visit either Munich or Strasbourg. Any suggestion for a laid back traveler, please?

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,928 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Munich or Strasbourg single female.

Do you have an open jaw ticket flying home from Munich? There are plenty of connections (direct) to Munich, so from that perspective Munich is more attractive to visit, and you can fly home direct from Munich.

Train connection wise, it is slightly a shorter journey to Strasbourg. Not sure what your interests are, but I favour Munich.

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
6,296 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Munich or Strasbourg single female.

Having been to both, I would say that there's more to do in Munich. Strasbourg is a very pretty city and has the European Institutions, but the range of museums and galleries in Munich is better, for my money; plus you have the English Gardens. Neuschwanstein is also a popular day-trip, depending on how much time you have.

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Strasbourg
Strasbourg
Bas-Rhin, France
3. Re: Munich or Strasbourg single female.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, February 14, 2015