We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bayerische State Opera

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon coast
Level Contributor
556 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Bayerische State Opera

I am interested in getting tickets to an opera while we're in Munich in May. The online order form - which says they will begin processing orders on Feb. 21 - asks for my mailing address ... saying the order will be treated like a "postal booking". Do they really mail paper tickets to America? What century is this, anyway?

Byen
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bayerische State Opera

It's the 21st century. That should answer your (only) question.

Oregon coast
Level Contributor
556 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bayerische State Opera

... except for the mailing part.

München
Level Contributor
488 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bayerische State Opera

Look here, that will answer your question:

…bayern.de/ticketdirekt.html/language=en

Oregon coast
Level Contributor
556 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bayerische State Opera

"Bookings by post, fax or e-mail will be processed three months prior to the performance date requested.

Box office, telephone and online sales start two months prior to the performance date requested."

So are you more likely to get tickets if you send in a mail order or fax?

Oregon coast
Level Contributor
556 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bayerische State Opera

So I ordered tickets online today ... which was the first day that internet sales opened for the date we wanted ... and had no trouble getting some. There seemed to be a number of seats available in most seating sections.

6. Re: Bayerische State Opera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:49 am, March 24, 2015