We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lander ticket

Worthington, MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lander ticket

We will be travelling from Munich to Salzburg on December 6,, 2013. The price for the ticket is 26 for the two of us. When I look for times for the return trip, Salzburg to Munich Airport on December 16 which is a Monday, the price is 63.60 and the trains are M & S no Regionals. I checked only local trains and after 9am. Can anyone advise. Thanks

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,550 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lander ticket

From 15th December on the regional trains on the route Salzburg - Rosenheim - Munich wil be operated by Meridian (Veolia), no more by DB.

Bayern Ticket will be still valid.

der-meridian.de/tickets-tarife/tickets_und_t…

Problematic may be however that Meridian has received so far only a fraction of the ordered new trains. And that they also have problems to recruit enough personal. This sounds so far not like a smoothly transfer.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,550 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lander ticket

If you buy in advance (= now) you can get the direct and non-stop railjet trains from Salzburg to Munich on this day still for EUR 29 (for both of you together). I would recommend this instead of opting for the experience to use the Merididan trains on their very first weekday of operation.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lander ticket

Hi abalada

I am looking at the DB Bahn timetable for the 21st of December. If I select local transport only I would normally see trains where the Bayern ticket is valid for use. I can see the Meridian trains but there is no saver ticket (Bayern) only full priced €56.80 for two adults travelling.

Does this mean

A) DB Bahn timetable is wrong?

or

B) Bayern is not valid on Meridian trains?

Edited: 11:12 am, October 21, 2013
Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,073 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lander ticket

It means neither A nor B. The website shows point to point fares for the selected route. The Bayern-Ticket is a day pass, hence not displayed.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lander ticket

With the current DB Bahn trains the Bayern is displayed under saver tickets.

For Meridian trains it is not displayed. So A & B are still valid questions.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lander ticket

Example popular route Munich Flughafen to Salzburg.

Saturday 7th December

S Bahn and RE at 11:04, 12:04, 13:04 etc. Savings fares has the Bayern

Saturday 21st December

S Bahn and Merdian at 11:24, 12:24, 13:24 etc. No savings fares only €63.60.

So assumption is Bayern is not valid for Meridian trains or timetable is wrong.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,550 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lander ticket

B) Bayern is not valid on Meridian trains?

Bayern Ticket is valid. At least this is what's written on the Meridian website (link in answer #1).

A) DB Bahn timetable is wrong?

This information is missing. If this is wrong in the meaning of an error or if this is fully by purpose is an open question. I'm confident that also the Bayern Ticket will shop up at some point of time before the 15th December.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lander ticket

I hope so as I do this route regularly and always use the Bayern ticket.

Let's hope the timetable gets updated soon. At the moment it's missing and is going to create confusion.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lander ticket

Maybe it's missing like the trains/drivers. :-)

Worthington, MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lander ticket

Thank you so much for the info. Can you tell me where to go to get the rail jet train for EUR 29? I tried Rail Jet but if was much more expensive. Thank you.