We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neighborhood

Cleveland
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Neighborhood

I looked at all the posts on neighborhoods in which to stay but my question was not answered. are we better central or in a neighborhood? We are would like to know which neighborhoods have the most to do at night. We are 50 year olds and would like a neighborhood which we can walk to pubs, restaurants and coffeeshops and stroll at night. We also want to go to the Christmasmarket and a ubahn ride to those would be fine. We are also attending a concert at Muffathalle while we are there. Mostly we like to meet locals and not a bunch of other tourists. Any advice?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Neighborhood

We like Lehel. I have a friend who spend a year with his family in Munich. They picked Lehel and loved it. You can walk into the center of the city pretty quickly or take a street car. There is also a U-Bahn stop. Gaertnerplatz is also nice, but I don't know the hotels there.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Neighborhood

if you are going to the Muffathalle then the Hilton City, Novotel and Holiday inn are a 5 minute walk (if even that) away. Location is beside Rosenheimerplatz s-bahn, so you're a 3 or 4 min journey to Marienplatz and a couple of min more to the main station.

Theres a reasonable number of bars and cafes in the area and theres a very nice and quaint (and way less touristy than the main-) christmas market nearby.

http://www.haidhauser-weihnachtsmarkt.de/

The Hofbraukeller beergarden is also walkable, you are near the river, the Deutsches Museum and more bars and cafes over a half mile away near Ostbahnhof (east station).

Cleveland
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Neighborhood

Thanks!

We took your advice and booked an apartment in Lehel through Airbnb. The location looks perfect for all that we want to do.

Thanks Again!

4. Re: Neighborhood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 05, 2014