We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YOUR Favorite Oktoberfest Song

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
YOUR Favorite Oktoberfest Song

Having been several years now and accumilating a substantial list of my favorite songs, I am already playing my Oktoberfest iPod playlist on my way to work every morning. I'm ready to leave now!

My question is: what is your favorite song? There's a big regular list, but I'm curious the one that each of you just can't help but love. For me: It took me 3 years to fully identify and love "Fliegerlied", and there is nothing like flying and flexing and jumping to the lyrics to make you feel trully local, in-the-know, and in the moment. And just this morning I heard Sierra Madre and realized Holy Cow, last year I didn't know the words so kept singing Sara Sara Sara to my friend...Sara.

Curious to know, of all the regulars Oktoberfesters, their favorites, Ein Prosit of course being the obvious.

Columbia, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: YOUR Favorite Oktoberfest Song

I like listening to people from all over the workd try to sing John Denver's "Country Roads".

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: YOUR Favorite Oktoberfest Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-XYBJOKNMg

I really like this one.Hubert von Goisern - Brenna tuats guat

Edited: 12:18 pm, August 02, 2013
Berwick upon Tweed...
Level Contributor
384 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: YOUR Favorite Oktoberfest Song

www.youtube.com/watch…

www.youtube.com/watch…

Superb memories!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: YOUR Favorite Oktoberfest Song

Hah it's so funny to me that I don't recognize the songs by name or even the first verse, but then it hits the chorus and I remember instantly. These do spark GREAT memories!

5. Re: YOUR Favorite Oktoberfest Song

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 05, 2014