We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contact Lens Solution and Cleaner

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shickshinny...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Contact Lens Solution and Cleaner

I am going to Munich in August and hope I can easily buy Opti-Free Lens Solution and Clean N Clear Lens cleaner over the counter. Can anyone tell me if these are sold without prescription; and if these brands are available in Germany?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Contact Lens Solution and Cleaner

Opti-Free is available, however, I've never heard of Clean N Clear Lense cleaner.

You can buy contact lens solution and cleaner without prescription at pharmacies, opticians and well-sorted drugstores (Müller, Rossmann, DM ...)

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Contact Lens Solution and Cleaner

Normally the best place to buy them are opticians such as Fielmann and Apollo chains. Any city has them somewhere centrally.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,477 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Contact Lens Solution and Cleaner

Any optician carries such products. Can't tell about particular prands, though.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,362 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Contact Lens Solution and Cleaner

My son when he visited us a few years ago in Stuttgart needed contact lens solution. He arrived on a Saturday afternoon and the pharmacies were closed. The emergency pharmacy near our apartment didn't carry contact lens solution. The opticians we visited didn't carry it either. On Sunday morning the emergency pharmacy that was open did carry it. So if you need it on a weekend, you may run into difficulties as pharmacies may close early on Saturday, and almost all stores are closed on Sunday. Note that finding the contact lens solution was difficult as opticians and pharmacies might carry it, but were not guaranteeed to have it.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Contact Lens Solution and Cleaner

Strange opticians not selling contact lense solutions

Shickshinny...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Contact Lens Solution and Cleaner

Thanks everyone. Looks like if I purchase with weekends in mind I can find what I need. Clear Care is the cleansing solution, and I apologize for the improper name previously provided.

Shickshinny...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Contact Lens Solution and Cleaner

true....lol....but the reason for my post!

8. Re: Contact Lens Solution and Cleaner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 04, 2014