We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Octoberfest 2013 tickets

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Octoberfest 2013 tickets

My partner and I will be in Munich around the 27th to 29th of September. He wants to go to Octoberfest. I understand that tickets are usually ordered in lots of 10 however this is obviously not viable for us. Can anybody advise if you can get tickets at this late stage for that weekend and if so how I can purchase a couple. Is there much risk in purchasing privately? Is just turning up an option? Any help would be much appreciated.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Octoberfest 2013 tickets

There are not ticket for Oktoberfest at all. Access is free.

You're mixing this up with table reservations. But you can only reserve complete tables. And you have to do this early in the year. Not all tables can be however reserved. The quota is set by the city. For the main floor of the tents this quota is between 2/3 on weekdays and zero on Sundays.

You'll be only served when seated. And seating for the unreserved tables is just on a first come first seated base.

Weekends are however really busy. Have a look on the Wiesn Barometer to get an idea

muenchen.de/veranstaltungen/oktoberfest/besu…

Just turning up is thus your only option anyway. And Oktoberfest is much more than just beer tents.

http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/

Edited: 4:38 am, July 31, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Octoberfest 2013 tickets

Thanks so much Abalada. I am happy that Octoberfest is so much more than beer tents - I don't even drink beer....things I do to make my fellow happy.

3. Re: Octoberfest 2013 tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 02, 2014