We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Admiral Munich

Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Admiral Munich

Has anyone stayed there? We had trouble getting a room booking for the 4 nights we needed and the rate is very expensive so I want to make sure that the hotel will match the price :)

Is it easy to get around, on foot, and via public transit?

Is the hotel a good one, clean, in a safe neighbourhood, and what are the breakfasts like - do they meet the advertising?

Are the staff friendly and helpful?

Has anyone ever booked here only to arrive and find out the room wasn't available?

When you ask for non-smoking do you get it? This tends to be a problem anywhere but I am allergic to smoke and generally suffer all over Europe so if I can get the odd non-smoking room it is kind of a treat!

Sonoma County
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Admiral Munich

I stayed here last December (my review is the one with the pictures). We paid 190 euro for a double room including taxes and breakfast. I felt it was a bit overpriced, but the hotels in Munich raise their rates in December for the Christmas Market, so this was the best we could do.

The hotel is in a great location. Many of the main tourist attractions are within an easy walk, and if you're going further it's only about 3 blocks to the S-Bahn station. We had an excellent meal at the restaurant on the corner (just a few doors down from the hotel) -- I think it's the corner of Kohlstrasse and Baaderstrasse. The neighborhood is clean and safe. Our room faced the street, and noise was never a problem.

The hotel was very clean. The furniture in our room was a bit worn

Sonoma County
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Admiral Munich

I stayed here last December (my review is the one with the pictures). We paid 190 euro for a double room including taxes and breakfast. I felt it was a bit overpriced, but the hotels in Munich raise their rates in December for the Christmas Market, so this was the best we could do.

The hotel is in a great location. Many of the main tourist attractions are within an easy walk, and if you're going further it's only about 3 blocks to the S-Bahn station. We had an excellent meal at the restaurant on the corner (just a few doors down from the hotel) -- I think it's the corner of Kohlstrasse and Baaderstrasse. The neighborhood is clean and safe. Our room faced the street, and noise was never a problem.

The hotel was very clean. The furniture in our room was a bit worn and the chair at the desk would not have held a real large person. On the plus side, our room was quite large and the decor very pleasant. The bathroom, on the otherhand, is quite small and lacks counterspace. The tile is dark and outdated. I would say the pictures on their website are accurate.

The breakfast buffet is excellent. Lots of fresh fruit (even in December), a variety of pastries and cereal, soft boiled eggs, meat and cheese. There was also fresh fruit in our room and complimentary bottled water.

We requested a non-smoking room and that's exactly what we got. The entire place seemed smokefree while we were there. I'm also sensitive to smoke and we had a lot of difficulty in the restaurants. All very smoky.

Hope this helps!

3. Re: Hotel Admiral Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 15, 2009