We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help/advice about Bahn

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
273 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Need help/advice about Bahn

Jumping off a train in Mannheim to get a connection to Munich, I unbelievably left my phone on the train. Fortunately they were contacted immediately and found it, however it is now sitting in Frankfurt. They are happy to send it to an address in Germany but seem unsure what to do when they need to send it elsewhere. I have to contact them in the morning again to see if they will send it home. Does anyone have any experience of this or advice, I only bought the phone a week ago, they suggested going to Frankfurt but I'm about to head off to Italy and I have kids with me so not an option, any help would be much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Mannheim
Mannheim
Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Germany
Germany
Europe
Italy
Italy
Europe
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
4,709 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help/advice about Bahn

I'd contact them again and offer to pay for the cost of mailing your phone abroad. Maybe that is the problem, because it's quite costly to sent a package abroad from Germany. (The cheapest option I know of would be Hermes, insured for a value of up to EUR 500, and it would cost EUR 13.90)

If that doesn't help, you could try to find a reliable person here who'd receive your package, then mail it to you, after you've paid them the EUR 13.90 by Paypal, for instance. Or maybe one of the hotels you stayed at would do that for you.

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
N. Ireland
Level Contributor
273 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help/advice about Bahn

Thanks, I did offer to pay them what ever the cost. That's why I am ringing back tomorrow to speak to someone in charge. Failing that I will speak to my hotel manager and ask them to post it on if I leave them the cost. Thanks for the advice. I thought they would send it down on the next train to Munich, that's the sort of thing they do in Ireland but obviously that's not how it's done in Germany.

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Germany
Germany
Europe
3. Re: Need help/advice about Bahn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 17, 2014