We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel for one night in Munich

houston tx
Level Contributor
286 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel for one night in Munich

Searching for a hotel for one night in Munich. There are 5 of us flying into Muncih at 2pm Monday. I am assuming we will need 2 rooms. Prefer under $250 (per night) for each room. Would like to find somewhere which is easy to get to from Munich airport. Since our flight arrives at 2pm I assume we will not get to the hotel until around 4pm and we would like to stay near an area that we can tour late afternoon or early evening. This will really be our only opportunity to see Munich since our relatives will pick us up the next morning to see Dachau and then we will be onto their home in Nuremberg. All recommendations welcome!

Mike's Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Munich
City Tours, Walking Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Big Hat Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Radius Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Gear Rentals
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,223 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel for one night in Munich

We really enjoy the Hotel Torbreau. Do not know if it will be in the price range mentioned. Delicious breakfast, easy rail connections and less than a 5 minute walk to the Marienplatz.

houston tx
Level Contributor
286 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel for one night in Munich

Thank you! Looks very nice. Think I have narrowed it down to Torbreau and Platz. Advice between the 2 would be helpful.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,223 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel for one night in Munich

Rail from Munich Airport into city centre is 45 minutes. I am unable to compare the 2 hotels since I am only familiar with one of them. They sound very similar.

Hacker-Pschorr Beer Hall/ Restaurant is close by and great choice for dinner.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,850 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel for one night in Munich

Platzl and Torbrau are the 2 I would pick if I had lots of money to blow on a hotel. If I wanted a normal room that was clean, nothing fancy, good location and breakfast included I would choose the Viktualienmarkt Hotel.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,223 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel for one night in Munich

Schneider Weisse another German tradition for beer and local dinner!!

6. Re: Best hotel for one night in Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 17, 2014