We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near transit in Munich

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near transit in Munich

I am going to be in Munich in mid October, after Octoberfest. I would like a 4 or 5 star hotel but my primary criteria is proximity to public transportation. I will be dragging luggage and want to minimize that walk. TA suggested Platzl. Looking at a map I cant see where the train station is from there. It looks very close to the Kempinski which seems only a few € more. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,881 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near transit in Munich

Platzl to Marienplatz S-Bahn station is so 350 m. Kempinski 550 m.

The next close tram stop are so 100 m from either hotel.

http://goo.gl/maps/lKQIx

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,046 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near transit in Munich

more suggestions.....

the Hilton City at rosenheimerplatz (beside the Philharmonic building) has a lift bringing you into the Sbahn station so possibly the handiest of any stations (good if you have mobility issues).

At the main station itsself the LeMeridien is 50m away, and the Sofitel could nearly be considered as part of the station.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near transit in Munich

I recommend The Louis Hotel. It's right near the Viktualienmarkt and very close to the Marienplatz metro station. It's clean and the staff is very helpful. Great hotel

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
138 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near transit in Munich

We stayed at the Htoel Amba, it;s right across the street from the train station. But it's not a 4 star hotel.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,188 posts
1,819 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near transit in Munich

As mentioned above, Meridian which is across the Train Station and Sofitel which is next to it, immediately come to mind.

Edited: 7:22 am, July 12, 2013
Victoria, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near transit in Munich

My daughter and I stayed at King's First Class hotel (4 star) on Dachaustrasse only 1 1/2-2 blocks from main train station. It was a perfect location for us. We had all carry on luggage and managed easily but could be easy with rolling large suitcase also. We had easy access being that close to train station for our tours that originated out of there, airport connections, S bahn, and car rentals. Rooms were small but very nice with AC and buffet was excellent. Staff very friendly and helpful. Proximity to Marianplatz was good too. Convenient little groc. mart just a few doors down made the purchase of 6 pk cases of water much more cost effective than purchasing single bottles. Highly recommend!

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,840 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near transit in Munich

Torbrau Hotel

8. Re: Hotel near transit in Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 14, 2014