We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oktoberfest on the weekend

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
oktoberfest on the weekend

I know there are plenty of posts about this but most suggest going on during the week rather than the weekend. However hubby and I have only got Saturday and Sunday to attend this year (middle weekend).

We will arrive in Munich about 10am and then drop bags at a ridiculously overpriced hotel and then head to the grounds. We will then be taking a night train to Italy Sunday 9pm.

Do we have any chance of getting in to a tent with just the two of us? Any suggestions on how best to get in? I went many years ago on the opening weekend but don't really remember too many problems getting into tents and moving round (but memory a little hazy - not sure why...!). My husband has never been and would be a real shame to get there and not be able to experience it much / at all.

Any suggestions / advice would be hugely appreciated

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oktoberfest on the weekend

You might be lucky and get in on saturday. It helps if you are a pretty lady with a dirndl. Or pay the right person some money to help you.

On the sunday things are much better.

Edited: 8:26 am, June 20, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: oktoberfest on the weekend

What about Sunday around 4pm or 5pm?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oktoberfest on the weekend

Would be a shame to go all that way for a couple of hours in a tent on Sunday...

Grolland - that may have worked last time I was there in my early 20s! Will have to hope for the best I guess. Any thoughts on which of the smaller tents is best to try get into? I remember we had way more fun last time in tents other than Hofbrauhaus but can't remember the names.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oktoberfest on the weekend

I never visit the small tents myself, there is less of a party atmosphere. But there are many other big tents all of them have their own flavor.

5. Re: oktoberfest on the weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 26, 2014