We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Munich Airport Passenger Pickup

Georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Help with Munich Airport Passenger Pickup

Hopefully someone can help. We will already be in Germany and plan to pick up my sister at the Munich airport with our rental car. I have looked online, but I can't tell her where she should wait to meet us. Thanks for any help. She is a little worried about arriving and not being able to find us.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Help with Munich Airport Passenger Pickup

There are last second parking spaces right in front of each area of the terminals which cost 3€ per 30 minutes. They are just 20m away from the door that she will get out of.

Tell her to wait exactly after the door that she passes to get out of customs, i.e. right after getting out of the secured area.

You can look up at which terminal she will get out, and if it is terminal 1, i.e. not a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight, at which area A, B, C, D, or E she will get out at: munich-airport.de/en/…index.jsp

Please see here for a map of the airport with parking spaces and prices: munich-airport.de/media/…parken.pdf

Edited: 8:18 am, May 18, 2013
Georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Help with Munich Airport Passenger Pickup

Thank you so much for your help and links. She will be flying in on Delta so it looks like she will arrive at the terminal 1. I assume the parking areas that you told me are labeled tiefgarage einfahrt haltezone on the map. I told her to walk out of the first door she sees and sit tight until we find her. Thanks again.

Chico, California
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Help with Munich Airport Passenger Pickup

Or, if any of you are worried about it, you can park your rental car at the airport car park, go in, and meet her in the arrivals area. She can't miss you that way. Just a thought.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: Help with Munich Airport Passenger Pickup

another wee tip.

If you spend 10euro or 20 euro, you get 2 or 5 hours free parking at the airport respectively.

You must park in P20 and you must get the ticket validated in person at the main info desk in the central area.

I often do this when meeting people as you can either buy some groceries in the shop there or just go for some food in the excellent airbrau (who brew their own beer on site)

Otherwise if you dont mind paying, then the "last minute" parking mentioned above is expensive but exceptionally handy especially in T1.

Delta arrive into Terminal 1 section B (and probably also sometimes C seeing as they are the 2 for international flights needing passport checks) which means you can literally park 10 yards from the arrivals gate. There is no need to go underground to a garage, which is good as terminal 1 garages are very very confusing. As I said, you can park in the open just outside the arrivals literally yards from where your sister exists the security zone. And if you are gone within 10 minutes its even free.

At the arrivals gate of B and C theres a small coffee dock so you could arrange to meet her there as a backup if you are late arriving.

Theres a small thai restaurant at C departures (same level and between B arrivals and C arrivals) that I've been told is tasty !

5. Re: Help with Munich Airport Passenger Pickup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 23, 2014