We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avis car rental in Munich

Baton Rouge
7 posts
Save Topic
Avis car rental in Munich

Has anyone rented a car from Avis in Munich? I am staying at the Hilton Munich City location and would like to find the closest Avis to pick up a car. We will return to the airport. I have called Avis international desk several times and have gotten conflicting information. They have the best rate I can find at this time. Personal experience would be so helpful!

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Munich City
Hilton Munich City
2,777 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avis car rental in Munich

Hi there,

The Avis car rental is on Grafinger Str in Munchen. It will only take you about 15mins to walk there. It is about 1.5km. Just make sure that your pick up is from GrafingerStr AVIS.

If you are a QANTAS frequent flyer member, at the moment AVIS have a deal that will give 700FF points per rental! Call QANTAS to make your booking or book online and specify exactly which location you want.

Also in case you already don't know, try using Google Maps https://maps.google.com

good luck

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,369 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avis car rental in Munich

I can recommend going through Gemut, a car rental wholesaler that specializes in Germany and Austria but is based in Oregon. Their prices are competitive (they deal with all the major companies) and their customer service is outstanding. You could email them your question.

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Austria
Austria
Europe
Oregon
Oregon
United States
Havertown...
Level Contributor
325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avis car rental in Munich

I used Avis in Munich and this is the information for their location:

Nymphenburger Strasse 61, Munich (Muenchen), MC1

NA, Munich (Muenchen), MC1 XX DE

(80335 ) (49) 089-12600020

Mon - Fri 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM

We took a taxi from the Marianplatz area but can't remember how much it was. We also returned the vehicle at the airport. We have rented from this location twice and have nothing but positive comments.

I did look into Hertz and both times they were MUCH more expensive.

Lydia

Edited: 12:21 pm, February 15, 2013
Baton Rouge
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Avis car rental in Munich

Thanks to you all for your suggestions! I did some searching and found a very good rate(I think) at Hertz at the Elisenhoff location. The rate is $360 for the 12 day rental. It looks to be around 2miles from the hotel. I also ordered the Garmin maps for my GPS after reading the recommendations on tripadvisor to do that.

5. Re: Avis car rental in Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 17, 2014