We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan to Munich

Turin, Italy
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Milan to Munich

I am visiting Munich for the Easter holidays and I am planning to board from Milan.Please can you suggest me a cheap travel from Milan and my budget is around 100-120 Euros and also I am preferring night journey/you can also suggest the cheapest time for traveling.

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Europe
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan to Munich

Visit German Railways website (bahn.de) and purchase discounted train ticket some time in advance. In some cases it also might be cheaper to get first international discounted ticket from Munich to Verona, while then Super Economy/regional domestic Italian from Verona to Milan

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
13,158 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan to Munich

EXACT dates

German National rail operate a sleeper service from Milan to Munich

Departs 21:35 Arrive Munich 06:30

Cost depends on day of travel.

28th March €59

29th March €69

Book it on www.bahn.de

DAYTIME

German rail also operate 5 direct services daily from Verona to Munich.

Depends on your dates but booked in advance some tickets for €39.

Again book this ticket on www.bahn.de

You could take a cheap regional train from Milan to Verona to connect in with the German train

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
3. Re: Milan to Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 15, 2014