We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for a family of five in or near Munich

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel for a family of five in or near Munich

My family of 5 will be traveling to Germany in July, 2013. We would like to spend two or three nights in Munich but I am having trouble locating a hotel to accommodate 5 of us without spending way too much! I know that we will probably need two rooms, and I would like to average around 200 dollars a night for both rooms. We are willing to stay outside of the city centre, but I don't know what the names of those areas might be. We would like to use public transportation, so a hotel with access to that is best. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for a family of five in or near Munich

You might consider a youth hostel in Munich. Many hostels are quite nice, like motels actually, and have family rooms with their own bathroom.

On another post you mentioned wanting to see Rothenburg. You could plan to spend the night there, seeing the night watchman tour. One very good and reasonable place to stay in Rothenburg is Haus Karin, about 25 Euros per person per night including breakfast.

San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for a family of five in or near Munich

Suggest you look into an apartment rental. I have used www.vrbo.com with good success.

3. Re: Hotel for a family of five in or near Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 15, 2014