We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tollwood info

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
441 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Tollwood info

Hi there, we are just back from a fantastic time in Munich and came across a place called Tollwood. I understand not many visitors are aware of it so I thought I'd mention it as it really is an amazing place and well worth the visit. We spent hours there just wandering, watching displays, shopping and trying out many different foods.

Such an amazing hidden gem.

www.tollwood.de/english/winterfestival-2012/

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tollwood info

We are headed to Munich next week with a 3-year-old. Do you think that Tollwood would be fun for her as well? Do you remember if there were any activities specifically for children? Thanks!

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
441 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tollwood info

Hi Ellie,

There were many children there from babies in slings/prams to school age kids.....plenty of toddlers there too so your 3yr old would be fine, a great family atmosphere. Kids enjoying the displays, jugglers, fire eaters, lights, toy stalls etc It is a huge mash up of everything so keeps all ages busy.

I've added pics of tollwood but may not be up until later so you can maybe check them out for yourself.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tollwood info

thanks, littledancer. We will check it out!

Edited: 8:02 am, December 16, 2012
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,687 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tollwood info

Search Munich forum and you will find plenty of references for Tollwood. I 've been suggesting it as a (better) alternative to the Xmas markets for years

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
441 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tollwood info

I agree with giftzwerg it's a fantastic alternative, so much going on, great mixture of friendly people, the most amazing stalls and so much different types of food to chose from which was perfect for me as I'm vegetarian.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tollwood info

I will be trying to get from Dachau to Tollwood. What is the best way to get to Tollwood from Dachau?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tollwood info

the quickest is to get the train to hauptbahnhof, then U2 to Scheidplatz and from there you can catch a shuttle bus.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tollwood info

Thanks for the reply...We were at Tollwood last Tuesday and had a great time!! The route couldn't have been easier. Thanks again!!

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tollwood info

I'm confused !

I thought tollwood was a winter and summer event held in the same grounds as octoberfest ,

Is there another Tollwood too ?

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
35 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tollwood info

I think you have an accurate understanding. Two events, same location six months apart. I have been to the Winter one in December. Given the posts in this thread the Summer version is in early July.