We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munich to Schloss Neuschwanstein by Bayern Ticket question

HK
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Munich to Schloss Neuschwanstein by Bayern Ticket question

Hi,

May I ask about the Länder-Tickets please? I know it is a one day ticket and can be for 2 persons (up to 5). I will go to Schloss Neuschwanstein from Munich Hbf. Bayern Ticket seems a very good choice, right? But I have never been in Germany before... actually do not know how to use the Bayern Ticket.

I will purchase the Bayern Ticket at Munich Central Station. Can I buy it the day before my day trip to Schloss Neuschwanstein and activate it next day? Once I have bought Bayern Ticket, do I still need to mark my seat and train schedule (both go and return tickets). Either I can just simply walk into every train which is go to Fussen? In DB link, it mentions that Bayern Ticket are for local train (Interregio-Express, Regional-Express, Regionalbahn, S-Bahn). May I know which train model will be from Munich to Schloss Neuschwanstein?

From Mon to Fri, the Laender Tickets are strat from 9 a.m. Will it be a bit late for going Schloss Neuschwanstein?

Thanks for help!!!

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Germany
Germany
Europe
Munich Central Station
Munich Central Station
403 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Fussen
Fussen
Swabia, Germany
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,350 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Munich to Schloss Neuschwanstein by Bayern Ticket question

What interchange? You do not need any "interchange". Please read carefully what has been written before. You need two tickets, thats all. You do not need to change the trains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,926 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Munich to Schloss Neuschwanstein by Bayern Ticket question

There are hourly connections to Füssen. But alternating direct connections and connections with a change of trains at Buchloe. The 07:51 connection is a direct one. With the 08:51 connection you'll have to change trains in Buchloe.

In neither case you have to change trains however in Geltendorf. With the 08:51 connection you just buy MVV tickets to Geltendorf and a Bayern Ticket in Munich before you start. Stay seated in Geltendorf. It's just that between Munich and Geltendorf you show the MVV tickets if asked for tickets. And after Geltendorf you show your Bayern Ticket.

Edited: 3:52 am, October 12, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
HK
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Munich to Schloss Neuschwanstein by Bayern Ticket question

Thanks a lot.

I take the RE at 08:51 from Munich with both MVV ticket and Bayern ticket on hand. Then the RE will go to Geltendorf at 09:22, I stay on my seat and showing my Bayern ticket. Then, the train will arrive Buchloe at 09:30. I need to change to RB at 09:47 (transfer time is 8 min)... arrive Fussen at 10:55

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Fussen
Fussen
Swabia, Germany
San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
17,160 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Munich to Schloss Neuschwanstein by Bayern Ticket question

Yes, you've got it kim.

One thing that may have been adding to your confusion is about when you show your ticket. No one checks tickets when you enter or exit a train. Trains don't generally stop long enough for all of that to occur. People get on and off, the train gets underway and then a conductor will come around when the train is enroute and check tickets.

So, if the conductor comes around before 9am (before you get to Geltendorf)- show him your MVV ticket. If he comes by later, show your Bayern Ticket. If the train is busy, you might go your entire route without anyone checking your ticket. Of the conductor may come around more than once and you may have to show both tickets at different times.

HK
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Munich to Schloss Neuschwanstein by Bayern Ticket question

Thanks for your information, I will prepare tickets for checking all the time . thanks a lot.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Munich to Schloss Neuschwanstein by Bayern Ticket question

Hello everybody. Does anybody know if the Bayern Ticket is valid for the bus ride too from Füssen to Hohenschwangau?

Mentioned in this post
Hohenschwangau
Hohenschwangau
Swabia, Germany
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,023 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Munich to Schloss Neuschwanstein by Bayern Ticket question

I haven't been yet, but from everything I have read, it covers all state run public transport in Bavaria.

Mentioned in this post
Bavaria Boutique Hotel
Bavaria Boutique Hotel
898 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,926 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Munich to Schloss Neuschwanstein by Bayern Ticket question

The buses from Füssen to Hohenschwangau are covered. Like all RVO/RVA buses in this area.

fuessen.de/uploads/pics/streckennetzplan-750…

Mentioned in this post
Hohenschwangau
Hohenschwangau
Swabia, Germany
19. Re: Munich to Schloss Neuschwanstein by Bayern Ticket question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 02, 2014