We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munich to Bingen

Coimbra, Portugal
Level Contributor
93 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Munich to Bingen

I will be travelling from Munich to Bingen on 8th October. I would like to take a scenic route and preferably including a trip on the Rhine. Can anyone help with the best options please?

Travel on public transport seems rather complex with a large variety of tickets on offer in various regions. There will be one adult and one senior in the party and our plans also include:

Munich Airport to the city on 5th October.

While in Bingen a trip across to Rudesheim.

Travel from Bingen to Neustadt an der Weinstrasse on 10th October.

Local travel on bus and train with the furthest being Kaiserslautern.

Travel from Neustadt to Frankfurt Airport on 15th October.

Is there any one ticket that covers all these trips or do we need seperate tickets in each region please?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Munich to Bingen

I would take an ICE train from Munich to Frankfurt a.M. It would make sense to look far ahead for discounted train tickets. Or check airfare prices.

For the other trips, you can buy tickets locally or look into Lander tickets (group ticket within the 'state' for local travel after rush hour)

Coimbra, Portugal
Level Contributor
93 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Munich to Bingen

Thanks for your reply Ger_Holland but I would prefer to travel on slower, more local (scenic) trains to Bingen.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Munich to Bingen

Not sure if using regional trains is more scenic on this trip. One thing is certain, it will take a lot longer and you would have to change trains quite often, making this trip very uncomfortable.

The scenic part of the train track through the Middle Rhine Valley starts north of Bingen but you'll be coming from the south.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Munich to Bingen

Indeed. There are plenty of scenic trips to make in the Bingen area.

But not so much between Munich and Bingen. Or you must pick a nice city or area in between to spend some time.

5. Re: Munich to Bingen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 13, 2013