We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local affordable hotel for a couple?

7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Local affordable hotel for a couple?

I will be in Munich in April with my boyfriend and would love to stay in an affordable (less than 100 euro?) hotel that is close to the nightlife and accessible to public transport. It's my first trip to Germany and would love some general recommendations! Thanks....

Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Local affordable hotel for a couple?

We too are in the same situtation if any one has

some advise this would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks again

Chicago
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local affordable hotel for a couple?

We stayed at Hotel Royal for <€100. Enjoyed our stay there. It's 5 minutes from the Hauptbahnhof(main train station) and minutes from Marienplatz (where there are numerous beerhalls/restaurants in the area - Hofbrauhaus is touristy, there's also Spaten Haus and Augustiner Haus. Augustiner has become my favorite beer - you should try it!!) It's about a 15min walk I believe. We, however, always took the train.

Hotel Royal Tripadvisor reviews

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187309-d199660…

You might find cheaper rates on www.travelocity.com or the hotel's own website.

http://www.hotel-royal.de

Big Six breweries in Munich

beerdrinkersguide.com/BDGWebsite/…BigSix.htm

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local affordable hotel for a couple?

Pension Linder is right downtown, and has double rooms as low as 64 Euros. Their website is pension-lindner.com.

-
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Local affordable hotel for a couple?

I can recommend a very clean, comfortable hotel with good buffet breakfast. It's about 3* with no television or bar but location is perfect in Sebastiansplatz. Next to Viktualienmarkt, it's quiet but 5 mins from Marienplatz. Hotel Blauer Bock, they only

accept cash but singles are just 60EUR and Doubles are 85EUR, that's ensuite. If you are preparred to share shower rooms down hallway then it's cheaper. I don't think you can find a better priced hotel in this location as I researched fully a few years ago. If you want bed, shower and breakfast you can't beat it however if you want to spend a lot of time in the hotel it's not for you. I stay twice a year and think it's perfect.

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Local affordable hotel for a couple?

Oops -- forgot to mention that we'll have a car with us and wouldn't mind staying outside of Munich so that we don't drive ourselves crazy trying to find parking. Can anyone recommend a car-friendly place to stay in Munich?

-
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Local affordable hotel for a couple?

It's much nicer to stay in the city centre even if you park outside and U bahn in to your hotel. I don't know outskirts, maybe the local expert can advise on parking.