We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

construction at Neuschwanstein Castle?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
251 posts
51 reviews
construction at Neuschwanstein Castle?

Hello---we will be in Munich from 10-28-11 to 11-5-11. Does anyone know if there is any construction in progress at the castle or scaffolding that would obstruct seeing the castle? Thanks much for any responses.

Best Seller
Royal Castles of Neuschwanstein and...
4,367 Reviews
from $63.30*
Best Seller
Small-Group Neuschwanstein and...
465 Reviews
from $139.50*
Best Seller
Neuschwanstein Castle Small-Group Day...
1,901 Reviews
from $57.40*
jersey shore
Level Contributor
132 posts
1. Re: construction at Neuschwanstein Castle?

I visited the castle Oct 6 and scaffolding was going up then. Men were below the balcony view toward the lake assembling that scaffolding so I don't know how much higher it was going to rise. I seem to remember more scaffolding along the side of the castle where we exited from the tour. I was able to photograph at a distance using trees to hide the scaffolding.

Hope this helps, perhaps a destination expert will respond with more info.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: construction at Neuschwanstein Castle?

There has been scaffolding in some shape or form up for many years... its a neverending story...

3. Re: construction at Neuschwanstein Castle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, October 27, 2012