We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train tours with toeurope

Al Khobar
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
train tours with toeurope

We are looking to book a train tour with toeurope on line and we were wondering if it was a reputable agency ?? Has anyone used them before ?? We are looking at the 9 day christmas train from Frankfurt airpot and back .

thanks

Frankfurt
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: train tours with toeurope

There are testimonials on the website which you probably already read http://www.toeurope.eu/testimonials.aspx and there is also the tripadvisor Germany forum where some travelers wrote about their experience: tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g187275-i116-k36330…

2. Re: train tours with toeurope

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:31 am, August 25, 2011
3. Re: train tours with toeurope

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:31 am, August 25, 2011
Tarnow, Poland
Level Contributor
2 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train tours with toeurope

My wife and I, (seasoned South African travellers) have just completed the 9 day Rail Circle Tour and it was absolutely amazing. This was not a coach package deal, but more of an organised "self tour" . ToEurope handled all the hotel bookings which in our case was for 11 nights, a four hour Salzburg tour, a ten hour Munich tour to the Bavarian Castles and rail tickets from Franfurt airport to Vienna and return to Franfurt. The package also included entrance to all sights in Bavaria, train timetables for flexibility and taxi vouchers for Heidelberg. All this for €1000 for two people. It didn't take long for us to learn the systems in terms of trains, platform, trams, underground etc. We bought a Collins German / English phrase book which helped us interpret menu's etc, but most of the time, one could ask for an English menu. Whenever we were unsure of something, we emailed Thomas who responded very rapidly. I would highly recommend ToEurope and will undoubtedly use them again if we do another German tour.

5. Re: train tours with toeurope

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, October 10, 2012
Edited: 2:35 am, October 10, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: train tours with toeurope

I just completed the 9 day xmas markets rail package as a solo traveller. My travel agent in Australia liaised with toeurope for me and I found the package great. So easy to get around and hotels were amazing. Highly recommend this group to anyone.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: train tours with toeurope

As we say in the Vietnam forums, take any glowing reviews by single or low count posters with a big grain of salt.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable with the "testimonials" above if they'd come from travelers who had contributed far more to these forums and had earned the trust of their fellow travelers.

Tarnow, Poland
Level Contributor
2 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: train tours with toeurope

Unfortunately, Westendgaz, we don't use tour groups very often, so I have very little to post and therefor earn your "trust". I do however have immediate family in 5 countries throughout Europe and usually do 2 trips per year. I do know what good service is when I experience it. Thomas, ToEurope, it appears that you are still doing an excellent job.

Edited: 5:46 am, December 30, 2012
Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: train tours with toeurope

Ivor, there are literally tens of thousands of topucs on the forums here on TA that you, as self confessed seasoned travelers, could contribute to.

The fact that you have chosen not to share all the knowledge and tips that "seasoned travelers" learn on their trips, but instead post once, (and then to advertise a company) remains deeply suspicious to me.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,073 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: train tours with toeurope

I fully agree with westendgaz. We have seen too many of those.