We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Munich to Vienna

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
freising
3 posts
Save Topic
From Munich to Vienna

Hello!

Now I'm staying in Freising (not far from Munich). I want to go on a weekend to Vienna. So, could you help me to undarstand how to do it))). And some recomendation about accomodation there are welcome)))).

And one question: if you buy online ticket on the www.bahn.de - you can pay it only by credit card?

Thank you!

Frankfurt am Main
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From Munich to Vienna

You can buy the ticket at every trainstation - go there get it and yes - online only by credit card - as far as I know

The Sacher in Vienna is good ;-)

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Munich to Vienna

> you can pay it only by credit card?

bahn.de/hilfe/…zahlungsmoeglichkeiten.shtml

As long as you don't have a German bank account the answer is: yes

You can also go to the counter or use a ticket machine. For normal price tickets there is no difference where you buy from. Discounted specials are cheaper if bought online or from ticket machines.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Munich to Vienna

Depending on departure date you can fly for less than a train fare.

check Fly Niki/ Air Berlin

www.flyniki.com

transfer bus from airport to city center is 6 euro.

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Munich to Vienna

I don't think that FlyNiki/AirBerlin offer flights incl. all charges for € 29 as the German railways do.

I just checked FlyNiki/Air Berlin and their cheapest flight was € 1, but they add charges, then the price is € 29 and finally they add a "service-charge" (a charge for the pleasure to buy a ticket from them) of € 10. So the cheapest is € 39, but available only if you book months in advance. Then add € 9,20 for the S-Bahn from Munich Hbf. to the airport and € 6 for the Airport bus in Vienna and you get a fare of € 54,20.

And the train (about 4 hours on the fastest trains) takes you from A to B in less time than the plane.

5. Re: From Munich to Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, October 04, 2009