We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train travel

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
256 reviews
Save Topic
train travel

My husband and I are travelling by train from Brussels to Frankfurt in October 2008 and then from Augsburg to Dijon in France.

We want to do it trip in a day.

Any suggestions / advice on what our best options would be would be most helpful

Freiburg im...
Level Contributor
2,521 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: train travel

I don't understand the question. Do you really want to do Bruxelles-Frankfurt-Augsburg-Dijon as a one-day trip? That implies at least 21h of traveling time and several changes.

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/e

To: Dijon

Give Frankfurt and Augsburg as "via"

australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train travel

Sorry, that was a bit confusing.

Brussels to Franfurt in one day, then we travelling by car to Augsberg.

From Augsburg we are going to Dijon by train, hopefully in one days travel.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train travel

>From Augsburg we are going to Dijon by train, hopefully in one days travel.

This will be a loooong day on many trains. If I were you I would try to split this in two days. But as often with traveling between smaller places, you don´t have a serious alternative to ground transport.

In any case, look up your itinerary on www.bahn.de and look where you can stop over, at least for a couple of hours.

4. Re: train travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, September 29, 2009