We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing & Hotel in April

Jackson, Mississippi
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Clothing & Hotel in April

We will be visiting Germany & Austria during April 12 - 20. (Southern Germany, Innsbruck, Salzburg) We are not sure what to expect as far as weather & what type of clothing to bring. I am guessing that the weather will be chilly when we get around the Alps. If I will need warm clothing then I want to be sure to buy them now since we live in a warm climate & they are already putting spring/summer clothing on the shelves.

Should we pack sweaters & coats? Or will the weather be warmer and I will not need those type of things?

We are 26 & 30 and do plan to go out at night. Are Germany & Austria dressy at night or do people wear jeans?

Also, we are not sure if we should stay at the Hilton Munich City (Rosenheimer Strasse 15) or Hilton Munich Park Hotel (Am Tucherpark 7). Which one is in a better location?

Thanks so much for the help!

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothing & Hotel in April

Hi,

I would bring some warm cloth, as it can snow, rain or have warm days. As the climate is changing, it is even more unsure.

For going out: dresscode depends where you go....There are nightclubs, where you shouldn´t go with sneakers and in others it ok. I guess Jeans in general is no problem, if they don´t look to dirty.

Location: I would go to Hilton Munich City, as this is more centrally and easier to reach by public transport.

Hope this helps.

2. Re: Clothing & Hotel in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, September 18, 2009