We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munich 2 hours layover

basqueland
4 posts
Save Topic
Munich 2 hours layover

Hi, i have booked 2 flights separately, one from Bilbao(Spain) to Munich, with Spanair, and then Munich-Berlin with Air Berlin. There is a 2 hour layover between flights. As I have booked both flights separately, i think i'll have to take my baggages in Munich and check them again. Also, I have to go from terminal 2 to terminal 1. Do you think 2 hours is enough time? Will I have to go through a lot of controls? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bilbao
Bilbao
Province of Vizcaya, Spain
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Munich 2 hours layover

Should be enough time, if you don´t have any delays. Even if you got 2 seperate flights, you can ask them to check it through. I did this the last time it happened to me. You only have to pick up your boarding pass then. Walking distance between both terminals is about max. 5 minutes.

There is only one control, if you have to enter terminal 1 departure. I would recommend you, to go to departure as late as possible, as there is almost nothing to do in terminal 1 departure. In the main building you have more options of shopping and restaurants.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Munich 2 hours layover

The Munich airport is one of the best in the world. I fly in and out of there a few times every year. It is MOST efficient and easy to navigate. You'll do just fine.

Mentioned in this post
Munich Airport
Munich Airport
Hallbergmoos, Germany
basqueland
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Munich 2 hours layover

Thank you very much! I feel much confident now :)

4. Re: Munich 2 hours layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 14, 2009