We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munich Airport

Dublin
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Munich Airport

What the best mode of transport from the airport to the city?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,588 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Munich Airport

S-Bahn S1 and S8

munich-airport.de/EN/…index.html

philly
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Munich Airport

Sorry to jump onto this post - but I have 2 kids -2 strollers- some bags...any airport shuttle suggestions?Train might be tricky. I am headed to 'Germany 80339 München, Theresienhöhe 6'

Thanks!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,588 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Munich Airport

I would still use the S-Bahn till Hauptbahnhof. If you like you can take a taxi from there.

If you can manage 2 kids and your luggage through airports I see now problem with the S-Bahn.

Taxi from the airport will be EUR 50-60 (it's quite far).

philly
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Munich Airport

Thanks abalada- I will do that . Do the trains get very crowded(I am looking at 11:30 am on a Monday) and do they depart from the station- will I have enough time to board n settle my stuff .Or is this just a stop-over for the train?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,802 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Munich Airport

>Do the trains get very crowded(I am looking at 11:30 am on a Monday) at that time - hardly. Unless half a dozen jumbos have just landed.

>and do they depart from the station

Yes, the airport is the terminal station for both lines.

6. Re: Munich Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 08, 2009