We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve celebrations

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
B C
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
125 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve celebrations

Hi all,

I have been looking at past posts but can't seem to find a clear answer.

I would like to know if there are some organized New Year's Eve celebrations at the main squares. What I mean is will there be msic, fireworks at the squares like in some other cities?

I know about the Tollwood festival but I don't like to the idea of taking the subway back. We usually stay at a hotel nearby the celebrations so that we can just walk back after partying. Previous NYE we been in Madrid and Berlin so we are wondering if we might find something similar in Munich.

Thanks a lot!!

Barbara

England
Level Contributor
1 post
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve celebrations

Hi Barbara

There are some organised firework displays in Muncih on new years eve, but not at Marienplatz (the main square in old town). Although there are plenty of fireworks - it's just not organised, people just gather there before midnight after drinking for several hours (maybe 1000+) and let of fireworks at midnight. Although this sounds pretty dangerous, it's very good fun.

B C
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
125 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve celebrations

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any personal recommendations?

3. Re: New Year's Eve celebrations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 05, 2009