We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castle in November

Which Hohenschwangau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Castle in November

I will be in Munich in November and would like to see the Neuschwanstein Castle and go to Dachau. Will weather permit?

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,022 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castle in November

I've been to Neuschwanstein at the end of November, with snow on the ground, and it was beautiful. We climbed to the top where the castle is on foot, and it wasn't bad at all.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castle in November

Great! Thank you, I will be sure to bring snow boots

Lonato del Garda...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castle in November

We just made a visit a couple days ago and the weather was great. Cool, partly cloudy, clearing in the afternoon. Take a sweater and jacket, hike the mile up to the castle and ride back down if you get tired. The schokolade at the castle is great after a walk to the Mariennbruke and a short hike up the trail beyond.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Castle in November

Just be aware that two sides of the castle are covered in scaffolding until at least the end of the year. This ruins the view from the village, but from the bridge it's not too bad.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Castle in November

Thank you! I have not purchased tickets in advance. Is that necessary or are they readily available every day?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,140 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Castle in November

It is advisable to reserve tickets. Because when you arrive at the ticket centre in Hohenschwangau there could be long queues and the next few tours may be booked out already. In the very worst case you won't be even able to tour the castle same day.

When reserving you avoid the risk of longer waits or no tour. There is an own counter to collect the reserved tickets. No or only short queues there.

https://www.hohenschwangau.de/765.0.html

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Castle in November

Well I am back from Germany and, while it was a wonderful trip, this time of year is not ideal for weather. Not too cold but so foggy you couldnt even make out the castle from the bridge. (It was an easy hike, thanks). Also went to Salzburg on a foggy day so couldn't see the Alps but both places were magical anyway. No problem getting castle tickets this time of year. But winter market starts Dec 1 and I'm sure the queus will resume.

PS: Dachau memorial is mostly indoors so weather is not a factor

8. Re: Castle in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hohenschwangau